Thursday, February 14, 2008

Autodesk Nabs Green Building Studio and Carmel

Autodesk announced on February 12th that it has signed an agreement to acquire substantially all the assets of Green Building Studio and Carmel Software Corporation.

Green Building Studio provides free online feedback on building loads and guidance on greening your building.

Carmel Software Corporation makes Duct Size, Load Soft and Design Build HVAC software among others.

Look out baby; I think Autodesk's intent is to combine the design with the document. I could have sworn 5 years ago, they said they would leave that to the people they just bought. Oh well, it makes perfect sense to me. I wish I owned some software Autodesk would buy. I wrote some really cool lisps and made an interesting light fixture family the other day.

No comments: