Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Blog Site - Family Jewels

A friend came across this site and it looks pretty darn nice.


Family Jewels Blog Site

William Spier Placed a mission statement on the site that I have copied below.

The mission/purpose of this, the Family Jewels blog is twofold. First it's to create a one-stop shop, both for users and for manufacturers alike, where all can come to get the gems of information they need about how to best create the highest quality Revit content possible. And here it matters not if you're a newcomer or an old hand. Every year he coached, Vince Lombardi started off the season telling his team"Gentleman, this is a football." I wished I had that when I first opened the family editor in Revit. So here too, you'll find the very basics, (mostly probably from me) - like just what are you looking/where are you at when you open the family editor?. From that to using fancy equations to drive geometry or how to employ the use of lookup tables in your families, and beyond (probably from some of the other, more gifted contributors to this site).
That leads to the second half of this blog's mission. Family Jewels has several contributors from both within Autodesk and from without - from the user base. What these people all have in common is they have each proven their ability and skills in creating Revit families & content. I would like that list of contributors to grow over time and I intend to look for those who really contribute quality comments, advice, tip & tricks, etc. and then add them on as regular contributors. 
Welcome to the Family jewels blog. I hope you find what you're looking for, and if you don't, let us know and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

1 comment:

wspier said...

Thanks Todd. I just Googled "Revit Family Jewels" and your posting here was at the top of the list. Thanks for the kudos. I hope over time we will all agree this was indeed a "darn nice" resource. - William Spier