Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Unassigned Linked Rooms

A few weeks ago we noticed that we had a linked architectural model with named and numbered rooms. The weird thing is some of the linked spaces in the MEP model were showing up as “unassigned”. Not all of them, just some.


For the life of me, I really couldn't figure out what was different about the rooms that the names and numbers were not translating into the spaces. They even seemed to follow a line, like the left hand side would work but the right would not.


I don't know why this worked but it did. We changed the linked architectural file's volume computations to "Area's Only" instead of "Areas and Volumes".


For what ever reason, all the spaces worked after that. I mostly like to know why things work, but in this case I will just happily accept that they did.
Post a Comment