Monday, December 31, 2012

How Many Rows in a Revit Schedule

Today one of the engineers needed to know just how many of a certain kind of terminal units were in a Revit MEP project. We had already created a filtered schedule, all we really needed was a count of how many rows were in this schedule. It sounds simple, but the answer was not as straight forward as I thought. What I really wanted at first was a row number that incremented for every row added. That was just not happening oddly enough. In the end, I added the Count parameter to the schedule, hid it, and calculated totals for Count. The result was a total at the bottom of the schedule without it being added to my sheets.

1 comment:

Shihas A Mohamed said...

Hi, Is there a way to show the numbers on each row? I mean not the total.

What I am trying to do is adding a serial number in a drawing list. Where it should go on 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Right now I am doing it manually, but if I add any sheet in the project, then I will have to update manually :(