Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Getting Peoples Attention with Wingdings

I think it is pretty standard procedure to include some sort of starting view in Revit projects that tell users about the project.

Because of this, I also think most people immediately open the view they want, effectively by-passing the start up view.

Here is a way to maybe get them to look at something in the start up view.


In the image above I created a new text type and named it "WINGDINGHAND". I set the font to Wingdings, and the size to 1/2". Then I just typed the letter "F". which is this hand pointing.

Now you really have noticed my important note.

There are a ton of fonts that included more subtle and less subtle objects. Just set one up and make a note that includes the alphabet. Find something you like, and count it off to know what letter of the alphabet it is.

Thanks to Brandon Hanna for this sweet tip.

No comments: